The fascination of organ building

 

 

Kuhn Organ Builders Ltd, 2001

Transformation

Organ built by
Orgelbau Th. Kuhn AG, 1977
Windchests
slider chests
Key action
mechanical
Stop action
electrical
Inauguration
05.06.2001
Voicing
Rudolf Aebischer, Stephan Wioland

Stop list


www.orgelbau.ch/ope=113921

Luzern

V/P/84

Switzerland, Lucerne
Hofkirche St. Leodegar

© pictures Orgelbau Kuhn AG, Männedorf

Kuhn Organ Builders Ltd, 2001

Transformation

Organ built by
Orgelbau Th. Kuhn AG, 1977
Windchests
slider chests
Key action
mechanical
Stop action
electrical
Inauguration
05.06.2001
Voicing
Rudolf Aebischer, Stephan Wioland

A brief history

1640 - 1650 After the church burnt down in 1633, a new organ was built by Johann Geissler from Salzburg (II/48).

1820 The gallery was enlarged, the choir organ became inoperable.

1858 - 1862 The organ was rebuilt by Friedrich Haas (IV/70) who settled later in Lucerne.

1898 - 1899 Friedrich Goll, who took over Haas's company, rebuilt the organ and replaced the mechanical action by a pneumatic action.

1972 - 1977 Th. Kuhn AG built a new organ (V/81). The organ case dat-ing from 1650 and 56 old stops dating from 1650 and 1862 were reused. The choir organ was reconstructed.

1999 A capture system was installed with 15 sets of 256 combinations each.

2001 Three free reed stops of Haas (1862) were reinstalled in a separate swell box in the chamber of the echo organ.


Translation 2008: RS


Stop list


www.orgelbau.ch/ope=113921